Friday, September 30, 2011

Cake Boss


In honor of my youngest daughter turning one this Saturday, I am dedicating this post to all of things I know about making birthday cakes. 
(This will be brief.)
I know I am not going to attempt another cake like this, at midnight the day of the party, or any other time soon.
 (This was the cake for my daughter's third birthday this past August.)

This is what happened immediately after each guest got a piece. This was actually a relief because I thought for sure it was going to happen when I cut the first piece. Did I mention that I am not very experienced at baking cakes?
 
 I know that instead of the "Post-war Castle" cake I am going to make a less complicated, double layer, round or heart shaped cake. 

The inside will be a delicious alternating chocolate and yellow cake combo with a fudge frosting. The outside I will make to look like a gift box using the Wilton Sugar Sheet. I just discovered them the other day when I was looking for cake ideas. This edible decorating paper is easy to use, inexpensive, and makes me look like a professional cake designer when I'm holding my breath waiting for the cake to crumble.   

Check out all of the different colors and designs that are available.







These are what I got for my cake.




I am making the cake tonight and can't wait to show you how it turns out!
Check back for the results.

****Bonus for the day!!****
Another Thing I Know!

One thing I know about birthday presents;
I know that my little girl is going to love this Fisher-Price Disney's Dance Star Mickey birthday present.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment if what you just read makes you want to say something!

If you don't have a profile on the listed sites, go to the bottom of the list and click name/URL. Fill out your name and URL. Then leave a comment!