Friday, September 16, 2011

My New Favorite Past Time

My husband and I bought our first house back in May. Brutus, the guy who sold it to us, had been renting it out to college kids and a couple different families over the course of several years. We were excited when he said we could keep all of the appliances that were in it. That meant we could keep the washer and dryer, three refrigerators, and the dish washer. He even threw in a hot tub that fits five or six people. "Too good to be true," you say? Exactly.


It turned out that neither the washer nor the dryer worked. Neither did two out of the three refrigerators, and you've probably already guessed it, the hot tub. Awesome.

So I checked out Craigslist and bought something from it for the first time. I was so proud of the bargains I scored. I got a washer, a dryer, and a lawn mower for a total of $210. What a rush! I couldn't wait for something else to break so I could do it again.Nothing in the house was breaking though, everything was hunky dory, and I was on the verge of jamming something into the dishwasher, or finding something else that I could cause to malfunction, when it dawned on me; I can sell things on Craigslist too.

I started out selling two window unit air conditioners and some jewelry and now I can't stop. I even put our stainless steel three compartment under bar sink up. If someone wants it I'm going to have to install shut off valves on the pipes going into it which I've never done before but Google can teach me how to do it. Selling the sink will be my biggest item yet! Yep, I've developed a problem. It's escalated into selling things on Ebay and next weekend I'm having a garage sale. I've never had a garage sale before! It's going to be exciting. I tend to go a little overboard with my projects and I'm envisioning my garage transformed into a little boutique with everything organized into departments and displayed in a way that screams "you can't live without me!" Wish me luck people. I'll let you know how it goes.        


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment if what you just read makes you want to say something!

If you don't have a profile on the listed sites, go to the bottom of the list and click name/URL. Fill out your name and URL. Then leave a comment!